Frequently Asked Questions
You will be responsible for administering medicine/ medication. Unless you have given written permission and instructions to our Coach in charge to do so on your behalf.
Coaches, facilities and equipment must be paid for in advance once we have an idea of numbers for that session. Refunds are not given. Even for children who unfortunately feel unwell on the day. We will try our best to accommodate on another day, this will depend on numbers.
We will contact you immediately and your child MUST be collected straight away.
We will contact you, describe how your child is feeling and see what you wish to do.
There will be NO money taken off if your child misses or cannot do a session, FULL amount must be sent along with the application form to confirm your child’s place. If a session is cancelled for any reason then a makeup session will be arranged. Payments can be made by cheques or online banking, please see the application form for more details.
If the weather is too bad to carry out a session, Menace Sports will contact everyone on the register, on that session at least half an hour before the session starts. This is rare. We do play in all weathers.
- Your child should wear comfortable sports clothing i.e. Tracksuit, shorts, t-shirt, trainers. NO DENIM please.
- It is essential that appropriate footwear i.e. sporting trainers are worn. Please NO CROCS or BOOTS as these can be hazardous when playing sport. Your child will not be able to play if they don’t have the appropriate footwear.
- They should bring a drink of water in a named, refillable bottle.
- Please apply sun-cream before they arrive if it is forecast to be a sunny day (fingers crossed!). Children can bring extra sun cream on the day to apply themselves, or if you would like a coach to assist your child in applying sun cream, you must speak to Joe at the beginning of the session to give written permission.
- Please wear a sunhat if it is forecast to be a sunny day.
- As the weather is changeable please make sure they have a jacket with them and warm layers in case the sun doesn’t make an appearance!
- Please bring lots of snacks for your child, especially if they are with us from 8am – 6pm. They will be doing lots of physical activity and get very hungry. Don’t forget to bring lunch if they are there all day!
We have developed an academy programme for any player that would like to take their tennis to the next level with competition and extra training. These sessions will differ from our normal programmes and be slightly more intense, looking at developing more in depth skill, fitness and competition. Each child on the Academy will have to participate in a minimum of 2 sessions a week. This does not just have to be Academy, but they will play up a level on the normal programme. They will also compete in competitive tennis. Individual lessons are also available to help take your child to the next level. If you think this is something your child will be interested in, then please contact Joe and discuss with him.
Menace Sports is a registered tennis venue at Sir John Lawes School, the tennis sessions are after school and on weekends. Menace Sports also coach at Rothamsted Tennis Club (Research Park) during the daytime hours and use an indoor hall at the United Reform Church (URC). Please look at the course information form for what venue your child’s session will be at and the addresses for these
Our qualified First Aider will treat the injury accordingly and contact you on the home, mobile or emergency numbers on the registration form current at the time of booking.